Website Sinclar Group Forest Products
A step in the right direction!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Assistant!
Sinclar Group Forest Products Ltd. is an integrated wood products manufacturing company with operations throughout north-central British Columbia. Since 1962 the dedicated team at Sinclar Group has been building strong and stable businesses by encouraging leadership and innovation in our workforce, upholding the family values that framed our beginnings, and respecting the needs of the communities in which we all live and work.
Working with integrity is fundamental to the Sinclar Group of Companies. The health and safety of our employees, our commitment to responsible environmental stewardship, ethical dealings with our business partners, and contributing to the economic and social fabric of the communities in which we operate define the essence of who we are.
While our focus is meeting the needs of our customers, our success is driven by our people.
The Opportunity → Accounting Assistant
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant will use their effective organizational and time-management skills to contribute to the overall deliverables of the Finance Team. Exercising considerable judgment, integrity and discretion at all times, the Accounting Assistant enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Holding this position with Sinclar is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a keen appetite for career development, personal growth and achievement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Code, process, and verify the accuracy and appropriate approval of invoices for accounts payable
- Prepare accounts payable payment runs (EFT, cheque, wire, etc.)
- Review and verify sales and cost of sales data from the sales system and export to the accounting system
- Process accounts receivable invoices and cash receipts
- Ensure all general ledger content, schedules and reconciliations are maintained
- Produce various reports for the finance team
- Issue purchase quotes, as required
- Provide administrative duties such as opening mail, ordering supplies, managing general administrative emails, and answering the switchboard line at the reception desk
- Perform general filing
- Assist other team members, as required
Qualifications and Education
- Post-Secondary Education related to Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- High level of professionalism with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with others at all levels
- Highly organized with an ability to re-prioritize workload, adapt to changing circumstances and exhibits strong time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, demonstrate strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central is an asset
- Proven commitment to a safety first culture
Deemed “BC’s northern capital,” Prince George is a lively city of 80,000 people situated in the heart of British Columbia. With early roots as a forest industry town, Prince George’s economy has diversified substantially over the years. Today it is a major center for resource and transportation activity and a service center for communities across the north. It has a thriving economy that offers full opportunities for recreation, housing, employment, education, dining, entertainment and culture.
Want to know more? Take a virtual tour of Prince George here!
Join Our Team!
If you are interested in joining an organization that is committed to sustainable growth and innovation while supporting healthy and vibrant communities, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Assistant – Sinclar” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The initial review of applications will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com