Website Sinclar Group Forest Products
A step in the right direction!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst!
Sinclar Group Forest Products Ltd. is an integrated wood products manufacturing company with operations throughout north-central British Columbia. Since 1962 the dedicated team at Sinclar Group has been building strong and stable businesses by encouraging leadership and innovation in our workforce, upholding the family values that framed our beginnings, and respecting the needs of the communities in which we all live and work.
Working with integrity is fundamental to the Sinclar Group of Companies. The health and safety of our employees, our commitment to responsible environmental stewardship, ethical dealings with our business partners, and contributing to the economic and social fabric of the communities in which we operate define the essence of who we are.
While our focus is meeting the needs of our customers, our success is driven by our people.
The Opportunity – Financial Analyst
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a keen appetite to grow their career in the forest manufacturing industry.
Under the direction of the Woodlands Controller, you will maintain a high level of integrity, good judgement, and accountability with a focused approach to achieving overall desired outcome of the department. This position requires an individual with a high level of professionalism and an ability to contribute to a positive culture based on mutual trust and respect while delivering results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop accurate expenditure forecasts for all Finance activities and oversee the Finance Plan to ensure cost targets are met
- Provide service to both internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to Finance in particular, and other Administration functions as necessary
- Ensure financial reporting for all departments and divisions is timely, accurate, and consistent with their need to manage and control costs
- Analyze financial performance against key performance indicators
- Respond to special requests for financial data and analysis, and requests for information on proposed and current projects and programs
- Provides leadership and support to direct reports
- Plan, manage and coordinate the financial accounting programs in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) prescribed by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- Report key performance indicators, and recommend or implement the appropriate corrective action to ensure continuous improvement, quality standard adherence and effective and efficient administration
- Prepare for and manage the annual audit process
- Supervise the maintenance of the corporate General Ledger, including development and maintenance of the chart of accounts, review and approve all journal entries, determine the proper account coding, and provide technical assistance to Finance and Administration staff and other departments.
- Maintain the fiscal integrity of the computerized financial system
- Support the capital planning process
Management and Organization:
- Actively participate as a member of the senior team in (strategic planning of business not just finance) management meetings by reporting on matters specific to the Finance and Administration department, the overall financial results of the organization, raising financial issues or risks, and working collectively to resolve issues
- Maintain and develop positive relations with employees, the management team, shareholders, regulatory agencies, suppliers, customers, the public and all other stakeholders
Qualifications and Education:
- Three to five years’ experience with increasing financial responsibility
- Information systems evaluation and implementation
- Lumber industry experience is an asset
- Proven commitment to a safety-first culture
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or in progress or equivalent education
- Requires a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to maintain a comfortable rapport with stakeholders
- Demonstrates curiosity and strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize workload and meet demanding deadlines
- Demonstrates strong knowledge Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central is an asset
Deemed “BC’s northern capital,” Prince George is a lively city of 80,000 people situated in the heart of British Columbia. With early roots as a forest industry town, Prince George’s economy has diversified substantially over the years. Today it is a major center for resource and transportation activity and a service center for communities across the north. It has a thriving economy that offers full opportunities for recreation, housing, employment, education, dining, entertainment, and culture. Take a virtual tour of Prince George here!
Join Our Team!
If you are interested in joining an organization that is committed to sustainable growth and innovation while supporting healthy and vibrant communities, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Financial Analyst” in the email subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The initial review of applications will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com