Website Winton Homes
A step in the right direction!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Forklift Operator!
Winton Homes & Cottages is a recognized leader in the manufacturing and distribution of engineered wood products and custom homes and cottages. For over 30 years, we have built high quality homes for families. More recently our business has expanded in the production of engineered housing components including roof trusses, walls and floor systems, many of which are used in commercial as well as residential applications. While our focus is meeting the needs of our customers, our success is driven by our people.
As part of the Winton team, the Forklift Operator will play a key role in the customer experience by providing quality service to both internal and external stakeholders and by sticking to tight deadlines to consistently meet customer expectations.
Reporting to the Logistics Coordinator, the Forklift Operator is primarily responsible for:
• Working safely at all times, following WorkSafeBC regulations and company safety policies/procedures
• Safely operating a forklift to deliver lumber to the manufacturing facilities, to unload raw material and to load finished product in preparation for shipping (wall, truss and floor components etc.)
• Following production/shipping schedules as directed by Supervisor
• Keeping all equipment in working order and reporting any deficiencies to Supervisor in a timely manner
• Submitting reports and records pertaining to safety, quality, shipping and production
• Performing quality checks on an ongoing basis
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Demonstrated commitment to safety and safe operation of equipment
• Minimum of 1 year of forklift experience
• Forklift Certification is considered an asset
• Class 5 drivers license is considered an asset
• First Aid Level 1 Certification is considered an asset
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Construction/manufacturing experience is considered an asset
The starting wage for this position is $20.75/hr, with room for advancement based on skills and experience. As an added benefit, extended health and dental benefits are available following 90 days of employment.
As we begin to prepare for the most demanding phase of the build year, we are looking for a motivated individual to join our team. As Winton is a construction/manufacturing focused company, there are times within the year (primarily during the winter months) where production and shipping demands decrease. This position is full time and seasonal (depending on the volume of work).
If you are interested in joining an organization that is committed to sustainable growth and innovation while supporting healthy and vibrant communities, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Winton Forklift Operator“ in the subject line.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com