Website Sinclar Group Forest Products
A step in the right direction!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Woodlands Accountant!
Sinclar Group Forest Products Ltd. is an integrated wood products manufacturing company with operations throughout north-central British Columbia. Since 1962 the dedicated team at Sinclar Group has been building strong and stable businesses by encouraging leadership and innovation in our workforce, upholding the family values that framed our beginnings, and respecting the needs of the communities in which we all live and work.
Working with integrity is fundamental to the Sinclar Group of Companies. The health and safety of our employees, our commitment to responsible environmental stewardship, ethical dealings with our business partners, and contributing to the economic and social fabric of the communities in which we operate define the essence of who we are.
While our focus is meeting the needs of our customers, our success is driven by our people.
The Opportunity -> Woodlands Accountant
Reporting to the Woodlands Controller, the Woodlands Accountant will use their effective organizational and time-management skills to contribute to the overall deliverables of the Woodlands Finance Team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Woodlands team and Sinclar Finance Team
- Management of various types of vendor and customer contracts
- Oversight & coordination of log delivery information & inventory reconciliations
- Silviculture, Stumpage, and other complex Journal Entries at month end
- Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations & assist with problems
- STI – reconciliations/costing
- Silviculture Block Reconciliation
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Assist with PEFC Audit/Forestry Audit (Interim and Final)
- Cross training with Senior Woodlands Accountant and Accounting Assistants
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting
- Analyze financial information and communicate results
- Participate in annual financial audit
- Provide financial data that foresters require for government reporting and/or cost analysis
- Understand and apply intermediate and advanced accounting concepts and theories to current and new business activities
Qualifications & Education
- Post Secondary Degree in Accounting
- Holds a Charted Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation or be on the path to certification
- Extremely strong knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts, with the ability to apply them in a practical way
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Desire for continuous improvement in all areas of work
- Collaborative approach
- Demonstrates curiosity and strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize workload and meet demanding deadlines
- Exhibits strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a comfortable rapport with stakeholders
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of 3log LIM and Microsoft Business Central is an asset
Deemed “BC’s northern capital,” Prince George is a lively city of 80,000 people situated in the heart of British Columbia. With early roots as a forest industry town, Prince George’s economy has diversified substantially over the years. Today it is a major center for resource and transportation activity and a service center for communities across the north. It has a thriving economy that offers full opportunities for recreation, housing, employment, education, dining, entertainment and culture.
Want to know more? Take a virtual tour of Prince George here!
Join Our Team!
If you are interested in joining an organization that is committed to sustainable growth and innovation while supporting healthy and vibrant communities, please forward your resume to: email@example.com with “Woodlands Accountant – Sinclar” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The initial review of applications will begin immediately. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org